September 10, 2007

Argible: impromptu presentation at chirb

Tonight I ended up giving an impromptu overview of Argible at the monthly Chicago Area Ruby Group. Utilizing annotations in Ruby code seemed foreign to several of the folks there. So, I quickly went over the Argible source code to illustrate how annotations can be implemented in Ruby (via the Module#method_added(name) callback). This code alone seemed to interest several of the people there.

Additionally, I tried to stress that the concept of using an argument name as meta-data is what I personally find most interesting about Argible. The idea behind Argible should NOT be limited simply to Rails based applications. Anyone have ideas for other situation where this might be useful?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first saw Argible, I wondered about a hibernate implementation for ruby using such ruby-annotations concept.

Michael Ward said...

Interesting, is it annotation specifically or does Argible's usage of argument names apply?

Anonymous said...

it's annotation spefic